Chain background and Demo
Chain: A subset , with:
- Based on the Hasse diagram a start vertex "start" and a sink vertex "sink" is to be selected.
- Note: start < sink, i.e. the chain module is searching for paths upwards.
- Furthermore a selection is to be done, how many vertices should be in a chain:
The corresponding variable is called maxch.
If “start” and "sink" and "maxch" are appropriately selected chains are identified.
The result is a matrix where chain i is compared with chain j and its similarity due to the Tanimoto-Index is calculated:
- The matrix T is also displayed as bar diagram.
- Chains which are of interest can be selected and objects belonging to the selected chain are displayed.